Monday, May 23, 2011

GRANDMA HILL SAYS THE BIBLE SAYS IT'S A BOY

so, to explain, the title of this post is the subject line of an email i got from my mom today (yes, in all caps).

to back up, while she was last here on her one-day-turned-six-day trip, my husband and i found out the happy news that we are expecting a little one in october.

we are waiting to find out the sex of the baby (we have two weeks left) and my mom keeps telling me that my grandma has some "Bible trick" to determine it. the email (her emphasis, not mine) she sent today read:

HI Hon:  I talked to grandma today and asked her if she had done her bible thing and she said she hadn't but she would do it then, which she did.
She came up with 1 Chronicles 27:16
My Bible's translation is as follows"  

"Officers of the Tribes: 
The officers over the tribes of Israel:
over the Reubenites:  Eliezer SON OF Zicri"

She interpreted this to mean that he will be a man of leadership and importance (referring to "officers")
and the SON means baby K is a boy.  Believe it or not?  That's the truth according to GH and the Good Book.

I don't know what this does to little Miss K, that I'm dreaming about.

Have a great day,

Love you,

MOM

when i asked her what my grandma's "bible thing" was, exactly, she wrote back:
Well she just opens the bible and points

  classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment