Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ebony and ivory

so, this morning i found out i got laid off (yeah, sucks, but it could be worse). after calling my husband, i immediately called my mom. she was lovely and offered all the condolences one hears when shown the door.

the best part, though, was when i opened my inbox and saw an ecard from her. it was all about inspiration and leadership and spirituality. and all of the people in it had one distinct characteristic: they were all african-americans. so, clearly, my mom found it in the "ebony" "mahogany" section of hallmark's site.

anyway, i imagined her message at the end would be full of sweet, motherly things. and it was -- as only my mom could write it:

Hi Hon, well OK, you're not black, but I like the message of this card.
You'll come out ahead because of all your wonderful attributes and qualities.
Love you bunches,
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment